Saturday, October 16, 2010

177.8- Where did that 7.2 pounds go?

So, yeah, I guess that wasn't too painful, over the past 4 months!

Slow progress, but natural changes are happening and becoming a new lifestyle.

Breakfast smoothies with coconut oil are the norm around here. I enjoy them, and so does the whole family. I feel good about putting such wholesome food into our bodies (AND regularly getting it all out- thanks fiber powder!)

Times to eat are breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner. With tea in the evening. So, I've been consistent about not snacking/munching between these predictable eating times. I still struggle with wanting to eat after supper, though. But a good cup of tea helps.

I'm seeing a new doctor who is taking my fatigue seriously. Stool sample results due back on November 4. Hoping to get some answers.

I'm experimenting with soaking and sprouting grains before grinding them... gluten-free, that is! I'm hoping I get the requested book for my birthday that can turn this into more than just an experiment.

Frustrated, though, that all sorts of nutritional advice seem to conflict one another. Perhaps nutritionists are like parenting philosophies...

Come, Lord Jesus, so I can finally have answers for my questions!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering how you have been doing. I'm glad you are able to incorporate coconut oil into your diet. I'm curious... are you seeing Dr. Kotulski? I was able to have him see Judah for a couple of his milestone appointments.
    And yes, it is frustrating that so much of the info out there can be contradicting. As I also wade thru the muddy waters of the nutrition info, I feel like there are a few things that seem to rise above the rest. Hopefully you'll find that also.
    I'll be interested to find out what you find out from whomever you are seeing. Sounds like gluten free is the direction you are going? Ever heard of GAPS?

    ReplyDelete