Monday, April 26, 2010

183.4!

It's nice to be making some solid, measurable progress!

We decided to go organic- for one week, at least! I can't believe how expensive the milk is- but it sure makes tasty yogurt! The fruit has been very flavorful, too!

The nice weather has really helped me exercise...we go for walks almost everyday. Not only does the exercise itself help keep my weight down, but it also supresses my appetite. If there's still 1 hour before a meal, I go get out, and I'm able to stave off that hunger just long enough.

This past week, I've felt really good listening to my body. Several times, I've noticed that I have a satiation cue... my brain tells me to stop eating. And SOMETIMES, I actually listen to my brain, rather than my tongue!=) It's strange, though. I serve myself what seems to be a diet-appropriate serving size, and I'm getting full before my plate is clean! I totally have to retrain myself to stop eating when I feel that cue. One way to assist in that is to realize- no bite ever tastes as good as the first bite! Even if I want just one more taste, I already know what it tastes like!

2 comments:

  1. If you don't have a problem with raw milk, you might be able to get organic milk (and cream!) at an organic dairy farm, before they pasteurize and ship it to the distributor . We have one nearby and I get $4 a gallon (still not the $2.50 non-organic I used to pay, but at least not $5-6!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! $4 a gallon really isn't too bad!I paid almost $7, and that was the cheapest brand in the store!

    ReplyDelete