Tuesday, April 6, 2010

? Don't want to know?

Easter... ah! Thank the Lord for the Resurrection, and for the abundance of wonderful foods He blesses us with!

Ugh... those wonderful foods... traps for those of us watching weight! Here's the deal, though: Yes, I took in more calories than I needed, BUT- none of them were really empty calories. There was no jello salad to be found on our table: Ham, pineapple, sweet potatoes, broccoli and bean salad, and low-fat cheesecake (made from tofu, and home-made cream cheese) with fresh berries on top. So we still had plenty of good food and I didn't feel deprived, but at least it was nutritious!

Problem: When I'm cooking, I eat. Solution: drink soda, chew a toothpick, or eat popcorn instead. Also, if I have it in the house, I will eat it. Bad. I must control myself to not buy it! Something else that has been helpful: If I don't have "snacky" foods on hand, but rather have to cook/bake something, then I don't really snack. The exception to this is fruit, which isn't such a bad thing=) But, if I don't have chips or granola bars in the house, I can't just grab it and sit down to eat. If I actually have to whip up a smoothie or make a piece of toast, eating must be planned, and usually then, I can overcome the craving!

We started some new vitamin supplements this past week. Selenium, Vitamin E, and extra vitamin D (which blood reports showed that I was too low!)

I need to start writing down all of my foods again! I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and report back!

2 comments:

  1. you're inspiring me, Marie, to be mindful of what i put in my mouth. have you seen this website? it at least gives you an idea of what you're eating each day--it's pretty neat!

    caloriecount.about.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christi! I have seen that cool website, and I've printed out some of their lists! I totally agree about being more mindful about what goes in the mouth, especially when it comes out as breastmilk=)

    ReplyDelete